April 24, 2010

Vision of Forever by Ramli Ibrahim

Just went back from watching Vision of Forever at Istana Budaya

I knew that there was one Malay guy who can dance an Indian dance very well. And he's been recognize internationally....

It so happened that I passed by Jalan Tun Razak and saw this big poster... An artistic direction from RAMLI IBRAHIM...Ohh well, this must be the guy...So there I am watching this man dancing graceful last night..

Actually I always wanted to learn Indian classical dancing, but haven't got the chance yet..

Well, this is a first time for me to watch live Indian classical dancing performance...And the dancers are from Sutra Dance Theatre...

What can I say...It was aweeeeesomeeeeeeeee... !!! Indian dancing is so graceful but yet full of action and energy. Every movement there's a meaning and every action has it's own story..

Vision of Forever is an Odissi production of the highest calibre works of the lates Odissi pioneer Guru - Deba Prasad Das. Under the new presentation by Ramli Ibrahim, it unleashes powerful images from the Shaivite and Tantric tradiotions, bringing out the macabre and terrifying beauty associated with the repertoire of his late dance guru...

The narration are in English, however there are no song translation...and I'm a bit disappointed with Istana Budaya. They should have the translation so that at least we understand what they are singing about so that we can feel the story..

But I couldn't be bothered enough, caused I'm so amused and enjoyed watching the performance, watching their dancing, body gesture and best part I'm amazed with their feet movement...walllaaaaaaa....so fast yet so refined...

Vision of Forever is a compelling experience...It will be performed at Istana Budaya starting from Thursday, 22nd April until Sunday, 25th April...

To all of you who appreciate arts, music and dancing - it's recommended to watch...

0 comments: