October 11, 2012

Kids DIY Costume Party ...

Been informed by Fayyadh's teacher that they are having Costume Party on 30th October. Basically it's about 3 weeks ( more or less ) from now.

So I managed to search a few option for the costume. Here I listed the top 3 costume that I think that is do able...Of coz after discussed with Fayyadh. Hehhehee.... Actually, I'm the one that pretty excited over this okay...hahahah :P

1. Woody - Toy Story  

What I need :
1. Yellow plain shirt
2. Blue pants / jeans
3. White vest with Black spot

Accessories :
4. Cowboy Hat
5. Red Bandana
6. Belt with Big Buckle
7.Sheriff badge
8. Cowboy boots






What I HAVE :
So, basically I have the shirt ( but not yellow ) Blue checker shirt and jeans.

What I can DO :
I can do the vest using white felt with the black spot. Using card board box, I can do the Sheiff Badge and Buckle

What I need to BUY :
Cowboy Hat, Red Bandana and Cowboy Boots

Likely choice selection : 3/5

For Woody DIY tutorial please visit : http://coleemmett.blogspot.com/2011/10/how-to-make-woody-costume-with-little.html


2. Jake and the Never Land Pirate Costume







 What I need :
1. White plan T-shirt
2. Blue Pants

Accessories :
3. Red Bandana
4. Vest
5. Boots
6. Pirate Sword






What I HAVE :
Blue Pants

What I need to DO :
Blue Vest with yellow lining from felt and the Sword from the card board box.

What I need to BUY :
White Plain T-shirt, Red Bandana and boots

Likely choice selection : 3/5

For Jake DIY tutorial please visit : http://alissaroberts.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Make-a-Jake-and-the-Never-Land-Pirates-Costume


3. Lego man



What I need :
1. Pyjama
2. A lot of boxes
3. Plastic cup
4. Tools and Spray / Paint














What I need to BUY :
Same color long sleeve shirt and pants. It's easier if  I can find same color pyjama. Paint or glossy spray. Plastic cup

What I need to DO :
The lego shape from card board box.

Likely choice selection : 5/5

For Lego man DIY tutorial please visit : http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/lego-man-662379/

Hahhaaaa....Overall, the easiest is no : 3....simple and easier for Fayyadh to wear. On and Off... However it takes quite sometime to do the box etc. But, it surely cost saving!

I'm pretty sure Fayyadh will look good in number 1 and 2.... However it may take some time for me to go out and search for all the items needed. Plus...maybe a bit costly. And extra time creativity to do the vest, shirt, boots etc.

All and all....I'm sure it's going  to be a FUN, FUN, FUN activity... to dress up your kids and unleash your creativity...! Ahahahaaa. So far I haven't decide yet....what Fayyadh will wear.

What say you guys....? Which costume that you vote for ..?

0 comments: