May 10, 2005

Women driver and Car....

I was driving alone last night, back from the office when I suddenly heard something strange from outside the car. I slow down the car and pulled down the window. I thought maybe something like plastic was stucked to the tyre.

As I remembered...I do hit something, but not something big like a bar of wood, steel or a big hole...cause I'm on the middle of lane. Morever, it was dark and I can't see cleary if I hit a big nail or metal spike.

I continued driving and as the time passed by, the sound from the tyre are getting louder and louder.... I slowed down and try to adjust my stering....The stering was still OK but I can sensed something really strange at the tyre... not sure either it is back or front tyre

I drove slowly and find a clear place with a shed of light. I pulled over....and pushed the hazard light button. I'm not sure weather I should went out from the car or not. Just imagine, I was all alone at 8.45 pm at cyberjaya highway.... It really creeps me out....me alone, dark, bushes and car speedily passes by.

I was brave enough to get out from the car.... Bismillahhirrahmannirrohim.....First I went to check out the front tyre...seems Ok with me. However, one of the back tyre was punctured..

So...I went back inside the car. Thinking what to do... Should I called hubby?? ...He was in KL meeting some friend. I don't want to bother him, since it just a small matter.

And it is not far from my house. Only 5 minutes drive. I need to find nearest petrol pump to pump some air. So what should I do..???

1. Went to the Petronas station near my housing area. ( 10 mins )
- I need to stop at two traffic lights and the road has a lot of corner.

2. Went to the Esso station just before Puchong toll ( 5 mins ).
- The road is straight. But I need to pay RM2 for toll to U turn.

I think the best way is to take option 2 and I drove slowly to the petrol pump. By the time, the sound form the tyre was louder and i can felt that the stering was harder to control. In my heart, oooohh...I pray to God that I can make it to the petrol pump safely. The most thing I feared was the tyre might burst out and the sportsrim is damaged... then it would be another problem...

Alhamdulillah....slowly I make it to the Esso station and went straight to pumped the air. The tyre was really flat...... As I pumped out the air, it went out through a hole....Perhaps, i've hit I something hard like nail or metal. No point in pumping the air if the air still came out....so I've decided to change to spare tyre.

I move foward, as there is a car waiting for their turn. Open the car booth and find the spare tyre. Luckily it was my mom's car ( quite brand new) and everything is well equipt with the tools and the spare tyre was in good condition...

I asked an assistant from the men driving the car behind me. Luckily, he was willing the help me out.

So....there I was....watching this kind men helping me changed the tyre. He do explained to me a few steps to change it. How to handle the jack, to open the nut...and everything about it...Hmmm, next time if it happend to me again, hopefully i'm be able to do it...

After everything was settled...I give this kind men a few RM for helping me out....as duit minyak laaaa kater org....But he refused to have it and said to me that in future if something like this happen to his wife, hopefully somebody will be able to help her out also..... I just smiled and say thank you for his helped. I didn't managed to asked for his name....and we went away....

Inside my heart, I just pray to god for his help.....Only god can repay him for his kindness. I also feel proud of myself, I can handle this situation very well......

" Ya Allah ya tuhan, ko murahkan lah rezeki nya dan permudahkan dia ketika dia dalam kesusahan "......AMIN

MORAL OF THE STORY

1. Don't go back late from office - especially if you are alone
2. Make sure, the spare tyre is in good condition
3. Make sure the tool is well equipt
4. While driving, make sure you give 150% concentration. Make sure your eyes are on the road.
Don't eat, don't SMS - you might hit something and you cannot avoid it.

1 comments:

You handled the situation well by making the right decision at the most crucial time. Kalau I sure panik :D