November 14, 2011

My unusual day...

McSteamy need to be at KL today, early in the morning. So knowing that selalunyer pagi2 akan ader scene yang terhegeh2....so I simply smsed my boss that I would like to work from home today.

Owwhh, well people can say what a lame excuse. But for me, buat aper ko nak terushing2 and create unnecessary stress. Kang kalo me or fayyadh dah lambat, kompem laaa org tuh stress kan. So sgt malas nak create scene2 di pagi yang indah ini. Plus, McSteamy will be coming back late...kang saper plak nak amik fayyadh kat school, takkan aku nak amek teksi plak kan....so seriously, malas nak pening2 kan  kepala.

I start my day as early as 8.00am. Made breakfast for mcSteamy ( alaaa, nescafe jer pon.... ) and sempat laaa breakfast berdua. Send him to the gate...kiss2 and bye2.

Then....I check my email and do a few works. Since Fayyadh still sleep, I managed to finish an approval paper.

Around 10.00 - Fayyadh woke up. Layan dier kejap, buatkan susu then I continued my work. Email and reply email....Sedar2 sudah 1pm. Tgk cam hari panas. Tetiba datang idea nak buat art & craft project with Fayyadh using clay..

This is activity for today. Inilah hasilnya... Fayyadh's version of Ladybug.  Details process dalam next post yer

After finish, siapkan lunch for Fayyadh. Suapkan dier makan. Then get him for shower and he's ready for his nap.

While Fayyadh take his nap upstairs...I continue my work. Checking and replying email. Then I had my lunch around 4pm. Then checked email again. Since there's no more incoming email....I went upstairs to watch VOD - CSI Vegas Series

To my surprise....Fayyadh susun all his toys beside him. Ahahhaaaaa, aper pesen laaa tido cam nie kan...


Biasa laaaa, perut suda kenyang....biler layan CSI tertido laaa plak kan. Wake up just around Maghrib time. Checked and reply a few email.

By 8.30, cooked dinner. And by 9pm dinner is ready. And here I am updating my blog while waiting for McSteamy to arrive.

************************************
Errrr, do we really need to be in office to do work...? For me, today is more productive rather to be at office. I complete more and I achieve more....The reward is time....precious time for Fayyadh.

I know outside there....x ramai dpt this privilege. I know many mommies out there, nak work from home....doing work while look after their loved ones. Tapi x ramai boss / company giving their trust to their employee.

Work = Is things you do, not place to go. We are being rewarded for results, not for how long you spend time at office. So again, do we really need to go to office, where you can easily be reached by email and phone.

I may not be rewarded for employee of the year..... But I'm a lot happier person - that I can served the company and family both at the same time. The reward is TIME. Time to spend with your precious one.......

2 comments:

Company mana yer tuh? Saya pun mau apply la. Kesian woogies aku terbiar takde orang layan... :)

Company bapak sendiri.....ahahaaaaaa! No lah, i shud be thankful to my boss for the trust given :)